I/O Controller 2: Full serial port and I/O to EthernetI/O Controller 2 connects a full RS-232(485) serial port and digital I/O to the Ethernet. Configuration is Web-based. The serial port can be used as a terminal server (virtual serial port). Digital inputs and outputs can be controlled over the Web or through Modbus/TCP.
/O Controller 2 can be connected with a PC over the LAN in order to use the I/O Controller 2's serial port as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP). HW group offers a free HW VSP application that supports up to 100 remote serial ports (support includes Windows 7 and x64 systems). I/O Controller 2 offers a truly full RS-232 serial port (9 signals).
Two devices can be connected peer-to-peer (Box-2-Box mode). In this mode, the digital I/O as well as the RS232/485 serial line are extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
- 1x full RS-232 or RS-485 (terminal server, virtual port)
- 8x Digital Input (DI)
- 8x Digital Output (DO)
- Link up to eight buttons / switches with a SW application.
- Connect your RS-232 devices to your LAN – barcode / RFID scanners, serial printers, displays.
- The outputs can, for example, open a door, turn on a horn, or disconnect power – remotely over the network.
- I/O can be controlled over Modbus/TCP from any SCADA system, independently of the serial line